Bankbot is a type of Trojan virus, which is highly specialized for intercepting the details of bank cards, payment systems, online bank client resources, and bitcoin wallets. This type of malicious software uses deep methods of analysis and understanding of the mechanisms and banking system operation.
This type of malware works in a PC-phone line, intercepting all available data streams.
Bankbot is capable of:
- Sending and intercept messages
- Showing phishing windows
- Prompting devices for administrator rights
- Executing USSD requests
- Reading input from the keyboard and other means of information input
- Tracking device location via GPS satellites
- Accessing the microphone and PC/mobile phone camera
- Receiving a configuration file with a list of attacked banking applications
- Collecting and analyzing user data for the subsequent selection of «secret phrases»
- Requesting additional permission to send messages and execute USSD requests on devices with modern OS versions
Sberbank lost rubles in 2019
The effectiveness of the Keeper ZT software against this type of attack has been proven in practice.
Using our software tool, you can solve the following tasks:
- Control of the integrity of files on the protected point
- Total control over the launch of all applications, services, scripts in the operating system
- Impossibility of executing self-written code without the system administrator’s sanctions
- Continuous control of the integrity of all software on the end host
- Ability to block and control network services in order to prevent them from being seized by intruders
- Block applications and services at workplaces of officials, the operation of which is beyond their type of activity in the workplace